Sunday, February 23, 2014

Runner's Church

I'm meeting the group this morning for "Runner's Church".  I haven't been in a while for a variety of reasons. 
I met Bill and Tom at the old gym, during "Lose Big". When we began to train for half and full marathons the training plans all called for a walk on Sunday. That's how our little "church" was born.
Lisa, Serena, and Allison joined the group last year before summer. They also brought Jason (Serena's) and Zac (Allison's) their husbands.  In the fall, Sara a trail running friend of Allison's joined the group. She and Tom began dating not long after.
We normally walk three miles. It's nice to catch up with everyone each week.
Usually Bill will bring one or both of his dogs. He just had his 2nd hip resurfaced so he won't be walking today.
Sarah and Tom sometimes go by the local shelter and pick up a few dogs to walk.
Lisa hurt her foot recently and its slowed her down a bit.
I showed up much too early today.  8AM is the usual meeting time. I just read a message that they recently moved to 8:30AM, probably because of the cold winter mornings.

No comments: