Thursday, February 20, 2014

022014

Didn’t get much sleep last night, Went to The Box anyway.  Thursday is active rest day and I have only been one day this week.  (Grrrrr!) 

Walked in at 5:10, put my stuff away, grabbed a foam roller and rolled everything out.   Around 5:30 Coach Kurt says to grab our ropes. We’re gonna start with double under bets. 

Each person says how many they think they can get in 20 seconds. Coach usually raises it by 5 or so depending on how good the person is at DUs.  If you don’t make it to Coach’s bet then you do burpees.

He started on the opposite end of the room with the bets. Everyone does DUs until it’s your turn to bet. I started jumping with everyone else. We bet in pairs. The first four pair went, then the pair I was in. 
How many, Tess?   3.    It's only 20 seconds, but I don't have them strung together yet. Coach Kurt said go for 4.   I did.  I got 1, then another, then the rope got tangled up.  Then I got four in a string!  YAY!  Then I started again, still more time so maybe I can get a few more. But no!  All of a sudden from out of nowhere my right calf cramped up.  BAM!
I couldn't stand on it!! Hurt so bad!! I told Kurt. I could barely walk. He and a few teammates suggested I roll out my calf.  Tamilyn showed me what she did when the same thing happened to her last year. She said it took a three days for her calf to get better. I really hope that it does get better before Monday.  The OPEN is coming and I want to fully participate.  
As the day went on it's gotten looser and looser. It doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it did. But it does still hurt to climb stairs and if I can't yet push off the floor with my toes.  I have to sort of "flat foot" when I'm walking right now.


No comments: