Thursday, February 27, 2014

022714

 
Thursday, Active Rest day.
Today Coach Kurt took us through some active rest work.  Nothing on the board. 
Making sure we’re moving, stretching, and breaking a sweat. 
After Kurt’s warm up we did:
A 10 minute Rowing WOD – 40 seconds on, 20 seconds off. (amazing how quickly 20 seconds goes by!)
At first he wanted the girls to keep it “under 2:10”.  He walked behind us, cheering us on, encouraging us to stay above the number he’d set.  About halfway through he noticed I’d gotten 1:57.  I was able to keep it under 2:05 and randomly hit 1:57 or so from there on.  The last 40 seconds he said “I saw you at 1:57.  I want you to keep it under 1:57.”  So I got to 1:55.  Stayed there for a few rows and then right back up again.  But now I know I can do it. =)
L-sit drills;  he mentioned that strength in the L-sit also relates to strength in the pull-up.  I need to add these to my after WOD work.
V-Sit drills; description first; Sit on the floor legs together, toes pointed.  With your hands beside your thighs, fingers spread, lift legs – 5 times. Each set move your hands closer to your feet. (this is tough!)  Then, spread legs into a “V” then lift legs. 
Push-up drills;   (a nemisis)  He asked us to do a few. Then after watching form asked us to spread our fingers and point our pinkies more east/west.  Felt much different.
Burpee drills;  Everyone’s pretty sure that Burpees will be in 14.1, so he gave us a few pointers on how to do them a little more efficiently. Don’t bend your knees when you come back from the floor.  Straight leg it. Throwing in the squat just makes more work for you.
He showed us some nice foam rolling techniques.  The one for my right IT Band hurt like hell!  Left one was fine.
A 2nd quick WOD: 
20 Air Squats
20 Pushups
20 Sit ups
2 rounds
Pushups slowed me way down. Cause I don’t have them yet. But I gathered myself and went for “Form over Fast” (I’m beating that into my head, can you tell?) It was ugly.  I did the pushups one at a  time.  I know I’ll get there, but the waiting sucks balls! =}
After the work out I did Bicep Curls.
On a side note, my right calf doesn’t hurt nearly as bad as it did a week ago.  There’s still a little tightness when coming down stairs but nothing really “major”. 
 
 
 
 

No comments: