Saturday, February 15, 2014

021514

Today was supposed to be "Saturday Throwdowns".  PR Day.   But the last few Saturdays has been Yoga, then WOD, then lift. Or WOD then Lift. 
I try to take as little time away from family as I can, so I like to get back home by 11AM.  That's usually the time my long runs would have me back home.  So, I think it's a 'normal' time. Then we can shower, grab a bite and get run to various markets for food stuffs, etc. for the week.
Today was girls against guys.  YAY! (not) Coach told us to set up bars 65# and 95#, then he put the first WOD on the board.
The five person teams will split into two teams of two and a single person.
The two teams of two will need to do a total of  50 Front Squats (95#) & Overhead Squats (65#); split them however you'd like but 50 between the two. Also those two must move at the same time; down and up. While the two teams were doing FS/OHS, the Fifth teammate was doing wall balls. Continuously; Until both teams were done.  Then, when those items were complete, we needed to complete 500 double unders as a team.
As the slowest and weakest member of the herd... No let's be honest. My lifts aren't that of what most of these girls are doing; but considering my background and experience compared to theirs.  I do okay!  
I didn't really put it together that we'd have to Clean the Front Squat from the floor until after my teammate said she didn't think she could. Except then she proceeded to do exactly that. I, on the other hand, could not. The bar wouldn't budge. 
Coach says "If you can Front Squat it, you can Clean it."  Yea, Okay! I have a 130# PR right now for FS. If you want me to Clean that right now I'm gonna need to borrow a rag and some polish!
We racked for the FS and kept going.  I looked over at the girl who chose to do the Wall Balls and thought maybe I should've done them instead.  We made it through the 50 and then on to double unders.  I can do them, stringing them together when I'm not shaking is one thing.  Stringing them together when I am shaking was comical.
This WOD rapidly turned into one of THOSE days. Every damn thing was going through my head. 
"Its too heavy","What the hell am I doing?".  Only I couldn't stand there and say I can't do this, let's lower the weight.  I just had to get through it.  I thought I would puke.  When I got over that I thought I would cry. 
That's been happening frequently, bi the way. I get to a point where I feel like my body is just gonna completely give out. Then my brain is screaming "Aw, Hell NO!".  It's just a massive hurricane of emotion.  UGH!


The 2nd WOD was intense! 
50 pushups per person
then each person bear crawl down and back while the team holds a plank
then each person broad jumps down and back while the team holds a squat
then 100 air squats per person
the sprint relay down and back, each person 5 times.
GOOD LORD!!


After the WOD, I brought my heart rate down a bit and did  Pendlay Rows 5x5 @65#

No comments: