We woke to a rainy morning... 11 minutes after my alarm went off I decided to roll over and snuggle with hubby. Six minutes after that I decided I needed to get out of bed at least 15 minutes ago... I had a late night last night... Mia didn't want to go to bed by herself, which meant that she was going to bed at the same time I did.
It's difficult to do what I've planned to get done before bed when my girls want to sit on my head or my lap and not let me move. But I press on. Time flew by... before I knew it, it was midnight. Six o'clock comes early when you're not in the bed until after 12AM. I really need to get a better handle on managing my time at home. Easy to say...
I've been spending time with LuLu in the mornings before school... driving her to school because it's on the way to my work. But sadly, she's been tardy several times and her teacher has told her to get to school earlier. We did well with it until this morning... time got away from me again... and we left late.
I came to a stop sign just before the school. I made sure to stop because my dad had gotten a ticket at that very stop sign a few years ago. When I pulled out there was a White Suburban coming, but I thought he was far enough away and was going slow. Well about a mile later... the white Suburban pulls me over - it was a cop. Cop says he pulled me over because I pulled out in front of him, then sped up to catch up with the traffic in front of me and it was reckless for me to do that. I apologized and told him that I'd thought I had plenty of room and the only reason I'd sped up was because I was trying to get my daughter to school. (literally 200 feet away). He did the license and registration bit... and let me just tell you I was scared silly! I don't need or want a ticket and I truly don't want to tell my husband that I got a ticket trying to get our daughter to school on time. (he wouldn't be mean... it was just be embarrassing)
The officer let me go... saying "Make sure to leave earlier." I was so relieved !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment