Friday, February 10, 2012

Fit Mommy Friday

I had a jam packed week... Feel free to read (and comment if you'd like). I was able to keep my goals and will keep the same goals at least until 02/18/12, my next 5k.
1. Follow my training plan working toward my 3rd official 5k.
  I had 3 miles scheduled for Monday. We ran one mile during Lose Big then I ran the remainder after the session.  Then on Wednesday I had 2 miles scheduled - Coach had us run 8 laps which is one lap short of a mile. So after the workout... I ran 10 laps to finish out my 2 miles for the day.  I have 3 miles scheduled for today and will run those as soon as I leave work.
2. Continue to post my daily food log at www.myfitnesspal.com eating no more than the allotted calories per day - check. Although my coach has me down for 1400 calories and I don't really lose weight at that calorie level.. So I've been eating at the 1200 level and doing well with it. Some days I'm really hungry and I allow myself the extra room for those days.. I won't starve!
3. Get as much as 6 hours of sleep. Toddlers don't completely understand when a mommy is tired.. or at least my toddler doesn't.  Mia knows when she is tired and fights it to the bitter end.  I have been getting in the bedroom right around 11PM every night this week, except for one... I think that was Wednesday.  That night it was every bit of midnight or worse before I finally got me in the bed.  Sometimes Mommy fights sleep to the bitter end too.  =)

I only have three runs scheduled for next week - Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.  Saturday is the 5k.  Not looking for a PR (personal record) cause I've never been in this race.  Just looking to participate happily and injury free. Wish me luck!
I'll see you back here next Friday!!

1 comment:

Annie Kate said...

Great job! You're really meeting your running goals! I'm sure you'll be ready for the next 5k race.

Let me tell you something wonderful: toddlers grow up. You will be able to sleep more later... but do try to get as much as you can now. It's important for health, weight loss, and so much more.

Have a great week and keep on running!

Annie Kate
http://anniekateshomeschoolreviews.com/2012/02/fit-mommy-friday-setting-goals/