Friday, February 10, 2012

Forgetful when Sweatful

Wednesday was the Lose Big workout.  This time there wasn't anything done for a record. We usually do the fitness evaluations 3 times (beginning, middle, and end) a season. 
I discussed with Tom, a member of my group, that I would like to make an online calendar to share my training schedule.  If he'd like to do the same I could set him up then... if we happen to be training on the same day.. we could bust out a few miles together.  I'll just go ahead and say his miles will be faster than mine - the man is.a.giant. so when he stretches out and gets on a solid pace... he's just flat gone!
He agreed so I set him up! (I just pulled up the calendar, he's already entered stuff into it!  That's pretty cool!)
We started our workout with 4 laps. Then intervals.. up until the last few seasons I've been able to remember what we did long enough to get home and log it on dailymile. But the last few seasons I haven't, she's kicked it up and I have been able to remember some things but not all.
Our intervals (what I can remember) were with 8# hand weights.  First 20 Squat Presses, 20 push-ups, 10 Burpees from Hell, and 20 of something I don't remember. Then run a lap when we got back to where we started there is a stairwell, we run down the stairwell and back up (two flights) then start the interval again.
After the second time on the same set of intervals including the lap and stairs - we did another set of intervals. Four completely different intervals, 20 squat lunges (with the weights 1 squat plus a backward lunge on each leg - do this 20 times, 20 skiers (legs like skier, weights in hands going back like your shooshing down the slope, squat as you shoosh) 20 of something I can't remember, then 20 woodchops each side (hold both weights together in your hands like holding an ax, then from your right side stand tall with legs spread shoulder width and chop toward your left ankle bending as you chop) plus the lap and the stairs and then do the same set including the lap and the stairs.
Then it was time to do Abs... for this month Sara has us doing Fab-AB-February. But since we're on the "Advanced Team" we are to do double of what each day says. So instead of doing it at home on our own, on the days we're at the gym we do F.A.F with our team mates.
Then time to stretch... I probably haven't mentioned it... but I LOVE to STRETCH... feels great after a workout or run or even after getting out of bed.
If I ever post a workout but don't describe what it was and you want to know - feel free to ask for a description.. if I can remember it.. I'll be glad to tell you what it was =)

No comments: