Friday, February 10, 2012

This week has been KAH-RAY-ZY!!! I'm probably gonna post several times today to fill you in on the craziness.
Monday , I started Lose Big again (5th time).  Hello! (stands up) My name is Tessa.  I'm addicted to my coach Sara.  She says hop, I hop.  She says run, I run.  She says "Now for a warm up, we're going to do intervals in the stairwell.  Grab your 8# weights and follow me."   I quiver with delight because I know that I will be dripping wet with sweat by the time I'm half way finished with the warm up!!  Don't bother trying to "fix" me or "cure" my addicition.  It's fine.  I would much rather be addicted to this than half a dozen other things (foods, mainly) that I've been "addicted" to in the past. 
So, We were told that we would keep our measurements and times from two weeks prior and just start working out on Monday. Well, that isn't how it went. We did all the "tests" over again. Pushups, Crunches, Plank, and the timed mile..  "The lady" is on my team again... but my friend Bliss Runner is back too. I'd told her about The Lady cutting her mile one lap short last time and I was waiting to see if she would try it again or if she could meet her 9:11 mile time.  I, of course, wanted to meet or beat my 10:02 time.  Now I don't claim to be fast, but I do my best and that's all that I can ask of myself.  
When we started the mile this time, like always, I started in the back of the pack.  I run at my own pace and I try to stay at that pace. I may occasionally stretch my legs out a bit and "run longer".  By the 3rd lap, I passed "the lady" and kept going.  I didn't look back.. okay, I'll admit that in the windows that surround half the track, I would look for her reflection.  "She's right behind me, I know it" "She's gonna pass me any second"  Um, no neither of those was happening... I actually couldn't see her in the windows.. and by the 8th lap I found out why... she'd walked and I'd nearly lapped her.  I saw her ahead of me as I was taking the 3rd turn in my final lap.  She was walking.  "I'm gonna pass her, Kick it up a bit!" I told myself.  It would give me a tiny thrill to pass her twice in a mile!  But she turned and saw me coming, just as I lengthened my stride and started to sprint... she broke into a run.  She wasn't gonna have any of it.
As I crossed the line, Sara called out my time 9:45.  WHAT?!  9:45!!! I beat my own time!! HELL YEA!!
I hugged Sara!! High Five'd my girls!!  I can't breathe right now but HELL YEA! 
Closer and closer to the 8 min mile I want so badly!!

No comments: