My workout last night wasn't as "killer" as last Wednesday. (Read - by the end of it I wasn't trying not to puke)
We did a "buddy workout". Our buddy... was a 10# medicine ball (12# for the guys). Warm up was one set of 3 laps. First lap, we held the medicine ball in front of us and jogged. Second lap, we tossed the medicine ball in the air as we jogged a lap. Third lap, we held the medicine ball over our heads as we "sprinted." Then we repeated the set.
After we warmed up we did intervals with the ball. I don't remember alot of them... The first was windmills... hold the ball extended from your body while making giant slow circles (right, floor, left, above) 20 circles, then 20 squats with the ball extended in front of you, then 20 squats while you raise the ball above your head on the up and touch the ball to the floor each time you squat..
I had three miles to run and counted the 11 laps we did during the workout as part of them. Mostly because I only have 2 hours worth of childcare at the gym and my class always takes at least an hour and 15 minutes (somehow, but it's an hour class - not complaining, I love it!) So I ran 11 more laps - then it was time to get the kids from childcare. I took them straight home, fixed them supper and while they were eating I busted out one last mile on Mille (the treadmill I bought me two months before my stress fracture).
All in all it was a great workout and an excellent sweat...
Weigh in is every Wednesday - I'd like to see a pound loss at least but will be happy with no gains!
****NO WHAMMYS!!!*** NO WHAMMYS!!!***
No comments:
Post a Comment