Wednesday night's Lose Big was a good workout. I had two miles scheduled for that night and usually count the mile or so that we run during the workout if there is any running. Just so happened that there wasn't any running scheduled for that night.
We started out with "Suicides in the Stairwells." Now before you go getting pictures in your head let me explain what this was. We are on the second floor of the gym during our workout. Consider this, We enter the stairwell, go down one flight to the "bottom floor." For each exercise we run to that flight of stairs, do the exercise and come back to bottom. For example... to begin the suicides we ran up one flight and do an excercise (jump-squats) then ran back to the bottom. Then we ran to the second flight and do an exercise (Burpees) then back to the bottom .. and so on.
After suicides we went back to our normal area for interval stations using "toys". Our "toys" consisted of a stretchy band (tension is awesome), a stability ball, a heavy bag, a kettle bell, BOSU ball, an aerobic step (on FOUR risers). We had an additional station using no "toy" just our own body for things like "Spiderman pushups" or "Dancing Crab" (spiderman pushups are "boy pushups" but when you lower your upperbody to the floor you also raise one knee toward the same elbow each time alternating legs... looks like Spidey climbing a wall)
Needless to say after an hour my tail was kicked. My shins were tight and achy.. so I asked my coach about my two miles. (My thing is... if she says I can do it... I CAN do it and I will do it. It might take all day, but it'll get done.) She told me to do what I could, not to push myself, and if I needed to walk - walk. Don't go for time - Go for Distance.
I don't know about anyone else... but those tiny little people that sit on your shoulders and give you "advice".... Well one of mine has become a jock... Always screaming "GO!!!" "You need to be FASTER!!!"
She starts sounding like a drill sargent after a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment