I've done it... I bought Spanx!!! I love them!!
I'd heard oodles about them and saw the inventor on The Rebel Billionaire a few years ago. So, after going online yesterday and seeing that a local store, within a mile of my home, sold them; I to go there. She told me on the phone that I could try a pair of them on and see what I thought. I snatched Lulu from the sitter and off we went. Bi the way... did I mention that the shop is an ab-fab little wedding/prom dress store?! You should have seen the look on Lulu's face. She thought she'd died and gone to dress-up heaven! For the next few mintues you could hear me explaining "our hands belong to us"... which is usually followed by LuLu either holding her own hands or shoving her hands in her pockets. This time was a little bit... well alot different.
"look, mommy, I like this pink one"
"uh, huh' reading the Spanx package
"look, mommy, this one is be-u-ti-ful"
"yes, it is'
"oh, mommy, how ad-dord-able"
"LuLu DO NOT TOUCH THE WHITE ONES!!!"
finally they showed me to a nice sized room, and how wonderful that I had Lulu there to narrate the happenings inside our dressing room for those that weren't allowed visual access...
"mommy, why are you getting naked?"
"mommy, you're too big for that... look (she got down off her chair and came over to my leg and rubbed it) your leg is all red right here"
well, after her portion of the performance was over I tucked everything in, stood up and sighed... to my disbelief I could still breathe! Nothing snapped, crackled, ripped or popped loose...
and it felt great! I took that pair off... and put on the size that the package recommended for my height and weight. It was very loose in comparision to the first pair.
I bought two of the first pair and promptly took LuLu out of the store, before I owned a wedding dress with handprints on it.
I put on a pair this morning... along with my jeans from last year... Hmmmm - why have I been waiting to get this.. nifty little tummy tuck in a pretty blue wrapper...
no muffin top...
no bluge
no squirming on the bed/floor to get them up
no reciting my favorite swear words to suck in the apartment of stretched skin that my won-der-ful children left when they came into this world.
wow. maybe I should buy a few more. Nah... I will buy more..
ps... since I'm blogging from work I can't add the nifty little pics that I like to put on...
so here are some links for your shopping pleasure...
http://www.spanx.com
http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2990106&cp=2992553.3010023&parentPage=family
No comments:
Post a Comment