Everyone has been doing a countdown... T-minus 5 days til we leave for training. Everyone except for me, and truth is maybe I should have been counting. I knew what week it was and what day and that it was coming. But good grief, It totally snuck up on me. We leave Sunday... UGH! I'm not happy about it... I'm dreading it. I'm not a good student. I'm not comfortable dressing up... (business casual) and shocker of shockers.. I'm suddenly not comfortable without my family within a good 15 miles of me! (weep!) Not sure if it's the Mom, the caretaker, the control freak or who is stepping forward... but one of these personalities wants to be recognized and she's not letting it go...
I've decided to let someone else drive. It's been recently brought to my attention (I paid bills and balanced what was left on Friday) that it would be much easier for someone else to pay for the gas.... they'll be reimbursed yes, and paid .55 cents per mile, sure. But the "god-knows-how-long" without the cash is what I'm thinking about. Needless to say when I told Ms. Olson and the others that I was going to go ahead and ride with them... they were literally ecstatic.
We've been told to go ahead and start packing our personal items for the move. I've taken several things home over the years. The less I have here, the less I have to move every time we move desks or floors or worse...
Things are very slow today.. So, I'll pack... I'll return if I think of anything else to tell you.
No comments:
Post a Comment