My weekend is filling up... completely filling up.
Friday - Hubs and I (well I) have planned for MONTHS to sit in the theater ALL DAY. I want to go see Wolverine and Star Trek. and from the sounds of what people are saying it will have to be in that order as well. have also seen a few others that I'd like to take a peek at but may just stay with the two. Cannot wait to see Star Trek.. he's not a fan at all and I think he's pumped about it from the chatter he's heard. (I personally wanted him to watch the dvds and get a little background... but ... yea... well he didn't have time)
"V" watched my kids last Friday so we could go out... and I've offered to return the favor - that's supposed to happen Saturday but I haven't gotten confirmation yet.
There's a TATTOO FESTIVAL yes you read that right... going on this weekend here... I've mentioned it in previous posts... and I WANT TO GO - thinking we might do that after the movies while the kids are still in their respective pins.
Saturday there is a 24 block yardsale.. and I've gone every year for the past four years. Sometimes I find stuff, sometimes not so much. I don't spend alot of time there but it's good exercise and cheap clothes.. plus it's helping my environmental quest. Last year I found some nice jeans for me, some tops for Lulu, shorts for Hubs.. and Punk insisted on some cards of some type.
I just got a call from a girl that used to work at my paper route... she's having a huge party from 12:30 to 5pm... *party yes.. but huge... if you schedule the end of the party... can it really get huge??**
I'm not sure that we'd go there.. but it's BYOB.. and I need to look for an allergy proof beer anyway... ahem.. excuse much?!...
oh.. and of course.. don't forget the only day that I'm allowed to be publicly worshipped, oh and as a mother.. Mother's Day is Sunday.. I've asked Hubs to take the night off from work and take me to a Baseball game.. * he nearly threw up while laughing at me, but that's what I want to do! Couple of beers, a dog, and some good clean yellin', other choices could range from simple to holy cow.. but given that I have to work that night regardless I think I'll just choose the ball game.
Other Mother's Day choices...
Spa Day - did it
Mani/Pedi with LuLu - did it.
Movies - doing it on Friday
Hockey game - again with the beer and screaming... did it. out of season and our city no longer has a hockey team. grrrr!
A trip to Georgia... to the Silver Comet Trail.. - okay... sick ass me... I want to take a couple weeks off... No kids.. just tents and a few spare clothes.. start at one end of the trail and bike and camp to the other end.
New River Trail - see above same scenerio.
3some... - Hmmmm been one way (FMF), but not the other.. now that would be an interesting mother's day.. *happy mothers day,honey ... this is my friend_____* sorry... daydreamed there for a sec. oo ooo ooo another story just sprang to mind. I'll have to tell you about the time that Hubs brought a guy home for lunch...*
Trip to NYC to see a play (Wicked, I hope) - haven't done it.. would do nearly anything to do it... but again the time thing...
Trip to Peru - I'd LOVE to go to Peru.. to the ruins.. hiking.. camping perhaps.. would be alittle more than a weekend trip... but lovely still. Would totally be memorable and very SIGH worthy!
Or totally surprise me... anything like the above - only... something they thought of... *you're probably reading this going.. Damn... that's quite a range of stuff?! ... yea well... that's the life of the Sockpuppet. and I'm happy with it.
3 comments:
Hi there stopping by for the May Mingle. Enjoy your super busy weekend!
*Minglin'...enjoy your Mother's Day, even if it's not of the MFM variety ;)
The tattoo festival and huge garage sale sound fun and interesting. I hope you go so I can hear about it!
Post a Comment