The In-laws came down this weekend. Of course, I think my home is in no shape for visiters.. but do I care.. No. I've found that working 60+ hours a week and living on four or less hours of sleep per day.. makes me not care at all. Sure we tidied up here and there.. Tried to do what we were going to do anyway.. but in a shorter time frame. But the dusting didn't get done... I have a black lacquer (sp) tv table that seems to attract dust the second that you're done dusting it. I hadn't given it the weekly bath that it has become accustomed to so it decided to grow hair. So, when M-I-L showed herself... I saw the tv table... smiling at me. With its hairy face. UGH! **Have I mentioned that I really would like to have a wife? Come on? Really!! I want the kind of wife I would be if I didn't have to work so damn much. you know... take care of the kids, clean the house(I'm also allergic to dust), cook for the family, do all the bills and errands, (total plus if she could grocery shop for us and save money, I hate shopping of any kind) and oh yea... snuggle with me... (Hubs and I work opposite schedules. So, during the week I am very lacking in the snuggle department. Sure I get kid snuggles but come on... I mean snuggles with adult sized arms!) ** Sorry I got off topic.
They took us out for lunch... at the only place they seem to enjoy eating, to Red Lobster. I tried something different.. because of all the things I've learned that I'm allergic to I'm really trying to stay away from yeast. Sucks... and it's difficult.
Then back home where I proceeded to fall asleep in my comfy chair... while my inlaws were still there! Talk about embarrassing. I can fall asleep at the mention of silence. I got up to go change clothes figuring that doing something would keep me awake. On may way out of the room my M-I-L said "Lay down if you want to, we understand." And I'm sure they did, but I'm nothing if not stubborn and changed clothes and went back downstairs. They were there for two more hours and I stayed awake the entire time, wishing for a wife that would dust.
No comments:
Post a Comment