Ten years ago you were hired to do a job.. say it's oh, I don't know working in a cube farm for a bank open checking accounts, doing loans and selling various other products. 40 hours a week - "bankers hours" as they say.... low and behold the need for you to make the almighty dollar forces you to begin to work six days a week. (24 weeks to go ;-) bitheway)
Now, Suddenly the bank also needs to bring in more of said almighty dollar - So... guess what they want you to do. "We're going to start out bound calling after business hours" Basically they want me to now be a telemarketer. Please, oh Please won't you bring your money to MY BANK.. or if you already bank here WHY NOT BRING MORE MONEY HERE?????
okay I understand - I'm no dolt.. but come on?! I work six days a week now.. From 5pm to 6am, roughly, I am the only one with my children. I do not have access to a sitter for me and Hubby to go to the damn movies let alone for me to work til 8pm. UGH!
2 comments:
Hey thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great day!
Bob
I feel for you on the long hours, more work thing...it's never really worth it. I mean for a short time having the extra money can be nice bu eventually it only leads to burn out. Even without kids, how long until people start looking elsewhere for more money and less hours. I wish you luck, I know it's a tough situation to be in.
Post a Comment