I'd recently came to the realization that running wasn't getting me the look I wanted with my body. I'd hit a plateau. More to the point; every time I would train for a long run I would gain between 5lbs and 7lbs. I'd asked my trainers to add more weightlifting to our HIIT sessions. At the time I was training with a group of four other people and mostly high intensity intervals. I wanted weights. I want to shred this body to mostly muscle. Trainers did what they could with the group that I was in but it wasn't enough, not to mention it was only two days a week.
I'd been tossing around the idea of doing Crossfit for a while. I'd gotten fed up with no results and broke the news to my running partner. "I'm gonna start Crossfit." He wasn't thrilled. I started alternating running and Crossfit 5:30AM every morning. Monday, Wednesday, Friday I'd run for an hour. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday I'd Crossfit. Sundays I walked 3 miles with my running friends. I loved it!
I did that for two months. I loved every second of it! But just like everything you love... you want more. I decided to trade my running shoes for weightlifting shoes. I haven't ran since August. At least no farther than Coach says to. Indian runs, sprints, dashes, suicides... etc. but no mileage, no 5k runs. I've been going to The Box pretty much five days a week. Unless one of my girls are sick or my husband is late getting home from work then I'm at the 0530 class. I've been known to pop into other classes if family responsibilities kept me.
Yesterday we Rucked to the new Box location. The RUCK was a weighted walk. I did it with a 25# plate in my pack. Six miles from the old location 15 minutes from my house in one direction to the new location 20 minutes from my house in a different direction. I have a few concerns about getting from the box to my house one time each morning in time to put my oldest on the bus. I'd like to stick to the 0530 classes in order to keep my evenings open primarily for family but we'll just have to see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment