Friday, November 15, 2013

Pasta Dinner

I stopped running in August this year. I still walk three miles every Sunday with my running friends. We are also all friends on Facebook.
Tomorrow several of them are running the local half marathon. Last Sunday I offered to have them over to my house the night before their race for a pasta dinner. It's something I did for my running partner when we raced together and wanted to continue.
I made sure to extend the invitation again on Wednesday just to try to get a head count. I set it up for 6-6:30pm because I'd learned to eat supper at least 12 hours before the race.
It is now 7:25pm, Friday night. My daughters and I have eaten. And I have heard nothing from any of my running friends.
It's interesting how being "stood up" feels the same even when it isn't a date.

No comments: