Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Lurong Challenge 9

Today we warmed up with Tabata Double Unders.  I have yet to master the DU but I'm working on it. So, the tabata was 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest. We did the Tabata for three minutes. We worked on Hallow Rock positioning. Then we did a warm up to the Police song "Roxanne". When Sting sings "Roxanne" we do a pushup; when Sting sings "put on the red light" we do Burpees. The WOD was a repeat of a Lurong WOD we did at the beginning of the challenge.

100 Kettlebell Swings
100 Burpees
with a 12 minute Time Cap

I wasn't able to do the WOD the first time through.  I did one arm Kettlebell swings but I can't remember what I subbed for Burpees.
I finished today with 95 Kettlebell swings and 10 Burpees left to complete.
I was trashed at the end of the WOD. I dropped to the floor exhausted. Coach walked through encouraging everyone, he knuckled me and said "You look a little tired, Tess." 
"Yea, just a little Coach."
When I'd caught my breath I noticed a girl beside me finishing her WOD. So, I hopped up and finished mine.
Coach didn't plan anything else for today because he wanted us to be fresh for the remaining to Lurong WODs tomorrow and Thursday.  He gave us the floor and said we could stay and work on something or go.  I stayed and did HBBS and Front Squats at 85# (3sets of 3 each). 
Then I talked to Coach on the way out.  I want to make sure that I'm doing what I should be doing.  So I told Coach "sometime I'm gonna need you to tell me what I'm doing wrong."  (Which is a silly thing to say because he always does.)  But he asked me what I meant..   I just mean am I not lifting heavy enough, or am I doing something wrong, or am I just being impatient?   He told me I'm being impatient.  I know I am. But it's hard not to.   It's gonna take time. And lots of hard work. 

No comments: