We arrived at the box this morning to start class at 0515. Several of my teammates came to the earlier class rather than 0530. I think everyone is trying to get a feel for the location and if they can get to work or, like me, back home in time to deal with children’s bus schedules. Which reminds me, when my little one doesn’t have school and I don’t have work (rare) I can stay longer ! YAY!!
The set up of the new box is Fabulous! Our previous box, which was the location for 2 years, was basically two cinderblock rooms in an “L” shape. It had served it’s purpose and now Coach had found the opportunity for bigger and better things.
Last weekend Coach Jessica asked for volunteers to help finish up some odds and ends. I went in on Sunday, with my daughters, and I painted for a few hours. It felt great to donate some time to help out! Although my kids got bored fast… but they would since they didn’t really have anything to do except play with their Kindles and fight with each other.
This morning we started our morning with warm-ups. There was nothing on the board of how to warm up so we basically went about our own thing. Later Coach mentioned that he “doesn’t stretch to warm up.” That if his plan for the session is to lift then he lifts lighter for a warm up. (As a runner we didn’t do any ‘stretching’ prior to the run either, unless it was dynamic stretching. So this makes sense to me.)
The first warm up Coach had us do was “Tabata Unders”; 20 seconds of work w/ 10 seconds of rest. Then we moved into demonstrations; Coach Tim showed us where he plans to demonstrate moves. The he and Coach Tommy did just that. Power Cleans, Power Snatches, HBBS. He demonstrated the Hallow Rock. Then we practiced the Hallow Rock on the floor. We also did Thacker Warm Ups and then moved into our Lifting. The three demonstrated lifts were on the board. I worked with Janet today.
HBBS today was 2x3 @ 85# and 3x3 @ 95#
Power Clean was 3x3 @ 65
We didn’t make it to Power Snatches. Instead we went straight into the WOD.
I’m in the final week of babying by left wrist after the sprain and steroid shot. So when Coach RX’d 65# Thrusters for the WOD… I politely decided I would take an empty 35# bar and not try to injure myself, again. Looking back I probably could have put 20# on it and still been fine.
Opening Day (For Time)
10 Thrusters
1 sprint
20 pushups
1 sprint
5 Thrusters
1 sprint
10 pushups
1 sprint
I finished this in 2:16. But I used only the barbell and modified the pushups. Now I’m not happy with that because a stronger girl finished later than me. That’s when I decided I need to forget about racing my teammates. I need to race myself and work harder than myself.
I know that I RX’ing a workout at the competitor level is out of the question right now for me. I’m not lifting that standard of weights or doing Muscle Ups, etc. But if I dissect the WOD I can do my best to RX it on my own level. Regardless of the finish time. It may take a hell of a lot longer but I don’t care. I could’ve RX’d this WOD for myself by doing pushups on my toes and adding the weight to the bar. It’s time to stop doing what I think I can and start doing things I want to get better at.
No comments:
Post a Comment