Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Todays "You Suck" Meeting

Don't you just love a good 'chewing out". I know I do. especially when I can look around at the other people in the room and see irony dripping from everyones gaping mouths. What do you mean it's "our fault"? What do you mean we have to find a way to meet the goals?

We have a meeting on my team at work every Wednesday. Today we had a guy that works as a credit consultant come in. Told us in no uncertain terms that we have to step it up. Meet these goals or else. They keep trying to blame us for mistakes that the company overall has made rather than making exceptions for people and being understanding. The company itself has changed the way that each individual sales person does business.

It's kinda like working in a salon for years.. you build up a clientle you have people that know you, they know your schedule, etc. The suddenly the salon owner decides to move your station from where you've sat for 5 years to a station in another section of the building. Now the walkins that knew you can't see you so they use whomever they see first. And your normal clientle thinks if he can't reach you the first time that you don't want his business and takes it somewhere else.

Meanwhile, We don't want to hear excuses. We want to know what you WILL do.

I have booked a certain amount of loans this month - not nearly enough - and was told in a monthly meeting with my manager that I need to bring in $xxx,xxx more in loans before the end of the month or people are going to be put on inital warning. Geesh! I'm sick of it. So, today I told my manager that I'm no longer going to do the requests that were coming in from the internet (it was a wild goose chase 95% of the time anyway). I'm gonna buckle down. Not that I wasn't buckled down but I'm going to do whatever they tell me and keep track of it. I'm going to show them that I'm doing everything they say should work

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.