This is about everything... It's my sounding board and my accountability. It's where I praise triumphs and clear my thoughts.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
daily drivel...
I have way too many things bouncing around in my tiny little skull today...
so, put on a raincoat, your waders, and hang on while I try to release some of it...
Work, 1st job - I'll be going on a week long training trip in the next STATE (3 hours away, but geesh, needing a week long get-a-way - YES, but a week long work-a-way.. HELL NO!! ) The 16 year old in me is like "ooo ooo ooo wouldn't it be fun to have someone to hang out with while we were there.. someone fun!?!?!?" But No, Hubby can't go (he's already offered to do my newspaper route so we don't have to pay someone to do it for the week) and no one else is available for me to invite for an entire week. So, alone in my pjs I will sit every night after CLASS. UGH! Did I mention that we're car pooling? totally thinking about NOT carpooling. I've also been trying to find out if there will be any events going on while we're there, car pool or not the city has taxi cabs.
2nd job - I'm starting my new paper route on Friday. It'll be my first night by myself on this route. "V", the chick that is quitting the route, is training me. I've ridden with her for two nights and then with her husband last night. They seem like good people. She's hysterical. Someone I'd hang out with... She's got two daughters - 4yo and 3yo, she's also about to finish Nursing School. Busy Lady. So my route is going from 190 papers to 330 papers. very nice.. no longer will I be getting peanuts for doing this.
ps. I told you that Hubby was looking at getting me a car and then the debate over new or old. well, we bought a New 2009 Toyota Yaris. It's adorable. My first black car. cute cute cute. I'm desperately in need of my XM radio in it though. The DJ drivel is about to drive me crazy....
My past... again. Good Grief... You know the saying don't burn your bridges? well, I have tried really hard to not burn my bridges... keep all my friends, etc. Well, Ex set a bridge on fire one day a long time ago. I hate that he did it and I hate that I feel like I can't even call this person to catch up or see how their mom is or anything because I feel that what Ex did to burn this bridge may have left a bad impression and bad thoughts about me. Do bridges burned by someone else stay burned?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
First of all..congrats on your new car and your new paper route!
Second of all (or is this third of all?), in regards to the bridge burning...I've been on the receiving end of someone burning a bridge with me and then having them try and rebuild it. Unfortunately, all they did was put some duct tape on the problem, but the same issues that had caused the flame to flare up, burning the bridge, caused the duct tape to melt.
What the hell did I just say in that last paragraph? Hmmm, I guess bottom line is, sometimes bridges are burned for the right reasons...it's just hard to see that at the moment.
Lol...sorry about the rambling-ness.
Post a Comment