Monday, February 8, 2010

No Patch, Ugh! Problems!!

Today was my last day at work. It was also a day that school was two hours late for Punk. I was already at work when he got up. I got so busy at work that I completely forgot to call to make sure that he got up and got to school. So, I text him. He text me back after school to tell me that he was at school.
I realized after I picked him up from Chess Club that he didn't have his patch on. It only takes about 30 seconds of watching him describe his day or the sounds that he makes to realize this. Of course, it's too late now. His patch is good for 9 hours, if he put one on now he wouldn't be able to sleep even if he took it off right before bed.
He tells me he has lots of homework. The teacher has assigned his homework in that class for the entire week, because of the weather we've been having. So, after we pick up LuLu and drive back home I start on supper and ask him to start his homework. 5 minutes later I find him in his room, dancing around with his tv on cartoons. (Excuse me, homework please)
I ask him to come downstairs to start his homework and get ready for supper, 5 minutes later he's downstairs. I put supper on our plates, Apple wraps with chips and dip. It literally took him an hour to eat. An Hour!
So, knowing that I already know the answer to the question, I ask it anyway.
"Do you have your patch on?"
"yes"
"Show me"
"okay, I don't have it on"
"I knew that already"

When he finally got done with his supper, it took him almost another hour to do two pages in a Science workbook, with the book for answers. He kept tapping his pen on the table or listening to the conversation in the next room (and adding to the conversation)
I'm hoping that we'll be able to get a better handle on it.
sigh!

No comments: