Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 1

Last night I got up to go do the route at 1:30AM. The answering machine that the newspaper updates when different trucks leave the building said... "As of 1:15AM the press is down, phone system will be updated as soon as the press is up and the state trucks have left." At 2:22AM my truck left the building.
It was 26 degrees on the bank sign as I went by. About an hour later the snow that was supposed to start this afternoon began.
I wound up getting stuck in the snow at an elderly subscribers home, Hubs had to come dig me out. It was a good thing that he did because the snow fell fast and the roads got very slick. Cell phone towers went down, so I'm glad I called him when I did. He stayed and we split the route for a few streets, then when he caught up with me I parked the car and we finished in the truck (thank goodness for 4 wheel drive)
School wound up being closed so the kids and I have spent the day together playing, coloring and napping.
LuLu had an eye appointment at 2:15, but they called to reschedule saying they were closing early. So, I guess we'll be doing that next week.

No comments: