Today, Sunday, is ususally one of the six days I work. But I took the day off to have a long weekend with the family. 30 weeks to go, then I hope to be at least working 5 days a week instead of six. I'm tired of being a "part-time mom".
That's actually a phrase that has many emotions for me. Not to mention too much truth. I can say this phrase to some of my co-working mothers and they agree... they feel the same way.
My children are growing up around me and I've given their childhood away.. in exchange for money... heartless really when you stop and think about it. Years ago mothers didn't have to work. I would gladly change from this life of convenience ... city life... for a lesser convenient life.. if that life meant that I would be able to see my children grow, play with them.
I wasn't close to my mother [a choice I will always believe was made for me] but I remember that during my childhood - she was a stay at home mom - she would swing with us. She would lay on a blanket and tan while we played. I long to do things like this with my kids.
We went to "The Festival in the Park" today. http://www.roanokefestival.org/ It's open for 4 days, tomorrow will be the last day. The festival showcases music, art and crafts. It was a nice day, we went early because I needed to go pick up Marcus from his weekend at his Dad's. We ate corn dogs, Kettle corn and drank freshly squeezed Lemonaide. I wish that I had taken the camera with us. I'm going to have to start doing that. We used to take the camera everywhere - I don't know what made us get out of the habit.
1 comment:
Hi there. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a note in my guestbook. I treasure them. I would love to have you as a "buddy" and I will try to stop by regularly and visit with you.
I do pray that you will be able to spend more time with your children. They really do grow up so darn fast. I have been so blessed to be a SAHM for the last 12 years; I sometimes feel guilty. I hope you get to too!
Post a Comment