I'm the "snack mom" for my son's minor league baseball game tonight. Being snack mom is fun. But, decideing what to take stinks. My son has braces so I try to take his ability to eat or not eat something into consideration. I try to also look at whether or not it has peanuts or something that another kid could be highly allergic to in it.
Baseball season is almost over for the year.. as well as school. He will be graduating from elementary school this year. I don't like to see summer coming. My son spends every summer with his dad. I get him every other weekend during the summer, which is more like saying his friends get him every other weekend. =) I would rather him be with me, where I know he's being taken care of. Not that his dad isn't taking care of him, but we live in a town 80 miles away from his dad. And that's just too far to pop in.
I love my son. I try to do the best that I can for him. Sometimes it seems as though I'm talking to a 2 year old in a 10 year old's body. We don't get along sometimes. I can't seem to get through to him. I ask him to do anything and it's like asking him in a different language. He just gives you this look ... this blank expression takes over his face... and you wait .. there's a way that he looks that tells me that he gets what I'm saying but then a split second later he says "What?" or "huh" or "I don't get it"
I get so tired of re-explaining everything. I would really like to meet some moms that are experiencing the same things with their children.
No comments:
Post a Comment