Friday, July 30, 2010

Baby's doctor visit

We took our littlest girl to the doctor yesterday. Doc said the same thing the net said.  Milk allergy.  Difficult for me to hear, considering I'm nursing her.  I told him if it's something that I'm eating I'll stop!  He said "to be honest, I could put you strictly on rocks and water and it could still happen to her." 
So, he says we'll watch her.  I'm to continue nursing her and pumping when needed.  If it gets worse we are to change to a formula that he gave me a sample of for 5 days while I continue to pump.
The only thing that I've had different since before she was born has been butter pecan ice cream.  I had a waffle cone on Tuesday and she had the poop on Wednesday.  By the way, she hasn't had poop like that since.
thanks for the well wishes and prayers!!

1 comment:

Jen E said...

My son had a milk allergy as a baby also. He did grow out of it though so there is hope. Once I stopped nursing, we used soy milk for a while and he liked it. {mingle} :)