Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Times are Tough

So I get a call today. Apparently my dad and his mom during the course of opening a checking account also opened a credit line that she can use for overdraft protection. She, since then, has become completely unaware of this line of credit and what it was for. Anyway the call I got today was asking me to explain what this line of credit was and what I knew about it. Nothing of course, since I've barely spoken to my grandmother since she left my care a year and a half ago.


Then tonight, my dad asked me if we would be able to pay his bills untill he gets a few paychecks under his belt from his new job. (which will be his 3rd job since he's moved in with us three months ago)


Why? How? What have I done that makes people think that I have money to give away? My sister askes me for money almost every quarter. Hubby's mom askes him for money every phone call.

I know things are hard. I know times are tough. I know it is HUGE to swallow your pride and ask your daughter or son for money... but I really don't have it. I hope Kharma is understanding when it is my turn to be in a beggar's shoes.


I'm not turning these family members down because I don't want to help or because I don't trust them or don't think they need the help... I honestly don't have it. I've been in and out of doctors offices all year and most of last year. I've had surgery. Hubby is waiting til October to have his surgery on his next vacation - so that it's not so much time lost from work. And we just had to replace our heat pump and air conditioner - and it cost us $10,300 (which we had to put on credit!)

No comments: