20 more days left in my 60 day temporary contract at work. Then what will I be doing. Some days I could tell you that I want to continue to work. Other days... I really want to stay home, raise my kids, clean my house, grow a garden, can my veggies... I'm so torn.
I know it may not sound like a big decision to some people. But if you were truly given the option what would you do? There are so many things to consider. So many things to worry about.
They've talked about offering me additional time to work, with the intention that when I don't want to work anymore I just put in a two weeks notice and go home. They say at that point my severance package would kick in and it would be as they has planned it being back in November. Sounds a little too good to be true, coming from the same company who literally laid us off one day and asked us back the next.
With the baby due May 1st, The option of working an additional 60 days is a little tempting and also not. It'd be nice to work until the baby comes because that's what I've always done. But it'd also be nice to get the house in order and catch up on some sleep. Since I started working two jobs back last March my housekeeping and sleep have both gone downhill.
It won't be as though I've completely stopped working... I'll keep one job. The paper route seems like the obivious choice for right now. I don't need a sitter for that job, since Hubs is home when I'm doing the route. So that saves roughly $600 a month.
I'm babbling.. sorry. I'm just confused, it's so much easier making descisions that don't effect a family of five.
5 comments:
I've always found that I really do know the answer if I'd just listen to it. Best of luck to you in your decision!
*mingle
This is such a hard choice. If I could have afforded to stay at home I would have, but then again, I worked and brought my daughter with me for 3 years. I had that flexibility.
I think you'll know what you want to do in the moment.
:mingling:
:: mingle mingle ::
If it was financially feasible, I'd personally want to stay home. But you are right, there are so many factors to consider. I hope the right answer for you will soon become evident!
:Mingle:
Hi, I thought I ran you off. :)
I got to stay home with my boys until I got divorced. If only we could have waited till the youngest was in Kindergarten.
My boys swear to me, my working didn't affect tehm at all.
My personal opinion, I would work as long as they would allow me, save all that money, stop after the baby is born and stay home from then on out until the baby is at least in school.
Congratulations by the way. do you know what you are having?
thanks ladies, for all your comments.
Kolliope - I'm supposed to get a severance package. As of 02/08 it will last until October. If I extend my "temporary status" then it will also be extended.
And as far as what I'm having... allegedly it's a girl, according to the last ultrasound lady.
Post a Comment