Thursday, December 10, 2009

New job, new duties...

I began training on Monday for the temporary position that I accepted. I went in on Monday to find out that I would be proof reading loan documents that are being prepared for subordination. Can anyone say B-O-R-I-N-G!!! On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday combined, I may have actually worked for a total of 7 hours - including lunch on all three days! I also found out that we don't have access to computers, we're not allowed to bring in books, radios or any other distractions. But in the case where there's nothing to be distracted from... I ask you.... seriously??
Today, I trained on a different task and actually worked all day. It was very different and very good. I trained to key the documents that I'd been proof reading the three days before.

1 comment:

kathi said...

:: slightly belated mingle ::

Yikes at no distractions! I can almost see the reason to prohibit radios since music might be distracting to some, but not having books or computers for breaks and slow periods seems a little... wrong :(